There will come a time when a client is unhappy with their lash extensions. More than likely it’s due to their retention rate being low. Here are six helpful questions to ask them when troubleshooting why their lashes aren’t lasting as long as they should be.
What are your sleeping habits?
- Sleeping face down can cause natural lash damage.
- It’s obviously ideal for them to sleep on their back or side.
- Even side sleepers will have a dominate side and you will notice less retention.
- If a client can’t shake the habit of sleeping on their tummy suggest a silk pillowcase.
Are you cleaning your lashes regularly?
- Lashes need baths too!
- Not cleansing your lashes will create a buildup of makeup in between lashes. This will break down the bond in the adhesive.
- LASHBOMB offers a Lash Splash Cleanser which is perfect for lash baths. It keeps lashes clean, clients happy & your job easier. Plus it adds more to your bottom line as you can carry it as a retail item in your studio.
How are you taking off your makeup?
- Make sure any makeup remover they’re using is oil free.
- Oil will break down the bond and cause retention issues.
How hot are your showers?
- Wear and tear is a major contributor to lash loss.
- Remind your client to avoid direct steam from showers, steam rooms, saunas...etc.
What type of makeup products are you using?
- Make sure any makeup products they’re using near their eyes are oil free.
- Eyeliner, mascara for bottom lashes, eyeshadow, and even foundation can migrate to the lash line and create retention issues.
- It’s vital that your client knows not to use mascara on their lash extensions at any cost.
- Clients love our Crystal & Black Crystal Sealer to coat on their lashes daily. It keeps the bond strong and helps retention rate. You can also sell this at retail.
Are you touching or picking your lashes?
- We have oils and dirt on our hands that will transfer to our lashes.
- Teach them to use the mascara wand as much as possible to fix any issues
- Remind your client to not over brush their lashes.
These are just a few examples of what you can ask. Always feel free to ask any other questions that might help you solve the problem to keep your client satisfied with your work!
Yours Always, LASHBOMB
Let’s talk consultation! This little chat with a new client is an important part of their experience. Today for ’Tip Tuesday’ LASHBOMB will be sharing five helpful questions ask! This not only will give your client exactly what they were looking for but keep them coming back for more!
Have you ever had eyelash extensions before?
- If they have, why did they have them removed?
Do you have any allergies?
- This question is the most important! Making sure they aren't allergic to anything you will be using near their eyes seems obvious. They'll be happy you asked!
Are you looking for more volume, length or both?
- An easy way to get an idea for this if they aren't sure is by asking, "Do you wear mascara for length or volume?"
Do you use an eyelash curler?
- This will help you understand how much curl they like.
Would you rather your results be more cautious or dramatic?
- This is the defining question to make sure you don't go too bold. Always remember it's better to start on the less dramatic side of things. You can work your way towards more drama at each fill.
Keep in mind the size of their eyes, how they wear their makeup (is it more natural or dramatic?), and how healthy their natural lash is.
Always be open and honest with your clients! If they have brittle and sparse natural lashes but want a long, mega volume set - you’ll have to explain to them what is best for their lashes. This is a great time to recommend LASHBOMB Explosive Growth Serum.
Extra Tip: It’s a good idea to ask them these questions again at the beginning of their next appointment. They will always have a stronger opinion of what they want the second time around!