Summer is a popular time for lash extensions. There are weddings, vacations, dance competitions, family reunions, and plenty of time by the pool or beach where no one wants to be wearing makeup. During summertime, women will be more likely to try lash extensions than at any other time of the year, and it’s a great time for you to take advantage of this opportunity! If you are able to capitalize on these groups of women looking for their first experience with lash extensions, you may be able to convert them into returning clientele. Take your eyelash extension business to the next level by making this summer work for you!
You know your business best, so take some time to think about how your lash extension studio is currently operating. There are a lot of ways to boost your clientele (like using the BEST eyelash products! ), and you’ll need to be the judge of which will work for you and your business. Here are five of the top ways to boost your summer clientele:
- Offer a Referral Bonus or Incentive. People are more likely to book with you if their friends or family members have recommended you. Ask your current clients to share your business with their friends and family members, and incentivize them to do it! Offer them a free product, a certain dollar amount off their next service, or another fun reward if they refer a friend who books an appointment with you.
- Create flyers and leave a stack at coordinating businesses around town, such as salons which don’t offer lash extensions, gyms, clothing stores, bridal stores, or dance studios. You may even consider placing an ad in a local magazine or participating in a wedding fair.
- Use the internet. Take to social media! Get the word out about your business, including pictures of your beautiful lash work, on Facebook and Instagram. Post deals, open appointment slots, and share the pictures of happy customers. You’ll be surprised how many people will find you!
- Return deals. Offer new clients some type of deal to get them come back at least one more time. If they return for a lash extension fill within two months of their first set they are much, MUCH more likely to become a return, permanent customer. Give them a great deal on a full lash set and fill together, or a great discount on their first fill.
- Group deals. A lot of women will be looking for lash extensions for their first time because of a big group event. Create an offer for a bride and maid-of-honor, mother-daughter, or sisters. You can even team up with other lash artists in your studio to offer lashes to a whole dance troupe or bridal party! This can set you apart from your competition and keep them coming back.
You certainly don’t need to do all of these steps, but trying one or two can make a huge difference for your lash extension business. Growing your clientele is work you will not regret in future! When you combine these tips with delivering great eyelash artistry, you will grow your clientele AND have happy, repeat customers!